According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on any given day, about one in 31 hospital patients has at least one healthcare-associated infection (HAI). Research suggests that many of these HAI’s within hospitals, out-patient surgical centers, nursing homes and other medical facilities are preventable. Good hand hygiene, including use of alcohol based hand rubs (ABHR) is critical to reduce the risk of spreading infections. Use of ABHR as one of the primary modes of hand hygiene in healthcare settings is recommended by the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO). The CDC and WHO also recommend facilities should establish policies and procedures for routine cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces as part of their infection prevention plan. Environmental cleaning is a fundamental principle of infection prevention in healthcare settings. Contaminated near-patient surfaces and equipment play an important role in the transmission of dangerous pathogens, including Clostridium difficile, and antibiotic-resistant organisms such as methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and vancomycin-resistant enterococci (VRE). Appropriate disinfection of those surfaces and equipment which patients and healthcare personnel touch is necessary to reduce exposure. BIO is implementing more effective, efficient, healthier and environmentally friendlier cleaning and disinfecting strategies for the healthcare sector without adding unwanted substances to the environment or otherwise causing harm. BIO’s products effectively and efficiently clean and disinfect surfaces with Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registered, non-toxic, biodegradable, safe to use, fast-acting solutions.
Hard Surface Cleaning and Disinfection
- BIO Electro-Chemically Activated (ECA) generated Hypochlorous acid (HOCI) will be a major weapon in the battle for infection control acting swiftly and safely against all classes of hazardous microbes. The fluid is non-toxic, made from environmentally safe and sustainable materials, and can be used for surface disinfection and decontamination as well as dosing into water systems.
- BIO ECA generated Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) is a powerful detergent that has a wide range of uses within any cleaning process.
- BIO ECA generated Hypochlorous acid (HOCI) and Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) can be used for all hard surface cleaning and disinfection such as floors, doors, handrails, tables, chairs, toilets, monitors, switches, and more.
- Air-assisted electrostatic sprayers quickly decontaminate and disinfect large areas, difficult to reach spaces and high-traffic areas.
- 4-10 times better coverage resulting in reduced manpower costs.
- Effective infection control and prevention with no adverse effects on human health and the environment.
- Optimized cleaning and disinfecting with improved operational efficiencies.
- Complements existing workflow without affecting turnaround time for discharge cleaning of contact precaution patient rooms.
- Greater comprehensive area coverage in less time than competitive systems and devices.
- EPA registered, ready-to-use, non-corrosive, broad spectrum hospital disinfectants.
- Electrostatic sprayers have 300% better spray penetration and coverage on all surfaces.
- Leaves no residue.